Re: set input/output coding system for term-mode

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: set input/output coding system for term-mode
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 11:19:04 +0200

Am 13.06.2007 um 10:51 schrieb William Xu:

   each with a different encoding,

Isn't this my original problem?

No – as far as I understood. You wanted to change the single buffer's encoding "on-the-fly," having in it segments in encoding a or encoding b or encoding c or ...

Check whether there is a hook that can set the encoding for a *shell* or *terminal* buffer when it is created and give it a unique name, too.

--
Greetings

  Pete

"We have to expect it, otherwise we would be surprised."