Re: compiling emacs using cygwin

From: David R
Subject: Re: compiling emacs using cygwin
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 18:48:17 +0100

Eric Hanchrow wrote:
    > Cygwin c:/Documents and Settings/All
Users/Documents/repository/gccsource/gcc-4.1.2 > make bootstrap
    > Configuring in build-i686-pc-cygwin/libiberty
    > /bin/sh: /cygdrive/c/Documents: No such file or directory
    > make: *** [configure-build-libiberty] Error 1
    > Cygwin c:/Documents and Settings/All
> Users/Documents/repository/gccsource/gcc-4.1.2 >
Try again, and this time unpack the tarball into some directory whose
name doesn't contain a space.

yes this worked thanks
i now have gcc-4.1.2 on cygwin
still failed though

on nt version configure failed says it needs gcc-2.95 or later with minGW and the w32 API headers or msvc 2.x or later

on cygwin version the configure sucessfully creates a makefile, but the makefile fails
cannot load file ~/.abbrev_defs
it exists alright

As incidental additional failures

I tried building cygwin from source and the configure fails too

I tried building x server from source and the make fails after a long time

For X server
I have the necessary installed components except fileutils which I cannot find on the cygwin setup panel.