emacs ssh cat dosfile

From: Peter Gordon
Subject: emacs ssh cat dosfile
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 17:20:22 +0300

Hi.

I have a file which is DOS format - \r\n - at the end of each line.

I enter a shell and do "cat file", and it displays correctly.

I then do ssh (even to the same host) and do "cat file". I just see
blank lines. I think that what is happening is the something is seeing
the \r and tries to interpret it.

Is there any way of making this work? I know that there are other ways
to display files, but this is just an example.

Thanks,

Peter