Re: What are your favorite C/C++ tools for emacs?

From: Ken Goldman
Subject: Re: What are your favorite C/C++ tools for emacs?
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 16:22:43 -0400

Not limited to C

- keyboard macros are #1.

- dabbrev-expand saves a lot of typing and typos for long variable and function names (my style)

- egrep for finding where a function or variable is used and stepping through matches

- autorevert for looking at debugger trace files in real time

- integration with CVS and SVN

- speedbar

Specifically for C:

- c-macro-expand, especially when maintaining code with a lot of clever uncommented macros (not my style)

Stefan Arentz wrote:

I'm interested to hear from others what their favorite tools or
extensions are for doing C/C++ development with emacs. I know there is
a lot on the emacs wiki but I find it more interesting to hear it here
from people.