Re: Unloading modes (php-mode, sgml-mode, etc)

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Unloading modes (php-mode, sgml-mode, etc)
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 20:27:03 +0200

XheelhookX@gmail.com writes:

Hi,

> Fantastic.  Yes, I didn't want to load any modes, just fundamental.  I
> added these to my .emacs:
>
> (setq auto-mode-alist nil)
> (setq magic-mode-alist nil)
>
> and it seems to be working.  Thanks a ton, this has been killing me
> for ages.

Now I'm curious. Why do you use emacs but don't use specialized modes?
If it's only because of the keybinding and you want a very quick editor,
then maybe jed [1] or mg [2] fit more your likings.

Bye,
Tassilo

[1] http://www.jedsoft.org/jed/
[2] http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanb/software/mg/
--
Using his trademark roundhouse kick,  Chuck Norris once made a fieldgoal
in RJ Stadium in Tampa Bay from  the 50 yard line of Qualcomm stadium in