help with TEI

From: c b
Subject: help with TEI
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 16:04:42 +1000

Help,
I am trying to install TEI on my carbon emacs.

I Use Mac OS X and thought there are TEI packages for windoze and also for debian, I cannot find any documentation on how to install on Mac.
Baffling.  I tried installing easy macs, no go.  I even tried installing TEI through fink, no go.

 I have asked help from the carbon emacs news group.  Numerous attempts have resulted in failure.  I even tried to ask syd bauman for assistance.  Nothing.  Docbook works well with emacs.  I want to get TEI working as well.  Nxml or Nxhtml are my choice for major modes.

I have so many unanswered questions:
do I need dtd's?  If so were do I put them? Do I need to write Catalog files? Where do I put those?  Can I use Schema instead of DTD's?  How do I do this?  Where is the Documentation that I can use as a blue print?

Please if anyone has any suggestions.