Re: Unloading modes (php-mode, sgml-mode, etc)

From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: Unloading modes (php-mode, sgml-mode, etc)
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 23:00:22 -0400

In article <mailman.2510.1182497425.32220.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>,
 HeelHook <xheelhookx@gmail.com> wrote:

> I simply cannot find in the documentation how to unload those pesky mode
> libraries that emacs seems to like to load on me: php-mode, sgml-mode, etc.
> Any ideas on what to put in my .emacs file to unload those things? Thanks.

There's no built-in way to do this.  You could list all the functions
and variables in the mode and then call unintern on all of them.

Why do you need to do this?  What problem does a mode you're not using
cause?  Emacs only loads most of those modes if you actually load a
buffer that needs them.

--
Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA