Re: bbdb and pda

From: Anupam Sengupta
Subject: Re: bbdb and pda
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 20:32:23 -0700

    Hadron> Possibly OT but I know a lot of emacs users use gnus and bbdb.

    Hadron> Anyone here using a PDA/Smartphone like a Palm treo and succesfully
    Hadron> syncing the phone's contacts with bbdb?

I use a Palm T2 and have had *some* success with the following Sync path:

      +-----------+              +------------+
      |  bbdb     |              | Palm T2    |
      +---o-------+              +------------+
          |                               |
          |    +-------------------+      |
          +----+ Address Book      +------+
               +-------------------+

Basically, I Sync the Palm with my System Address Book (I have OS X, but I
believe the major OS System address books are supported by Palm), and on the PC,
sync bbdb with the Address Book. It is an indirect mechanism, but works well.

    Hadron> Any advice or pointers appreciated.

You can check the following links for details on this setup:

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/CategoryBbdb

Check the links for:

BbdbExportImportSync
BbdbExporters