Re: Not a big issue re: Xresources ... but ??

From: William Case
Subject: Re: Not a big issue re: Xresources ... but ??
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 18:14:53 -0400

Thanks Gordon

On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 14:02 +0000, Gordon Beaton wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 12:37:10 +0000, William Case wrote:
> > Emacs.verticleScrollBars: right
>
> ITYM "vertical".

I must of looked at that file 20 times and never saw the spelling
mistake.  (Well, maybe 3 times)

> Because of the spelling mistake, I suspect that the setting is
> actually being handled by (scroll-bar-mode 'right) in your .emacs,
> i.e. *after* X has rendered the original window (emacs "frame").

This sounds right.  But, in fact having corrected the spelling error and
re-booted, I now get three stutters as Emacs tries to place my
scrollbar.  I have tried removing, nil -ing and re-adding
'(scroll-bar-mode 'right) in my .emacs, and whichever way, I still get
the stutter.

> Also, check with
>
>   xrdb -query | grep -i emacs

Checked.  They are in effect according to xrdb.

As I said, this is not a major issue, just something I thought I would
correct today.  If there is not an easy solution, I'll just let sleeping
dogs lay.

--
Regards Bill