Re: tex mode sub- and super-scripts

From: Mark Alford
Subject: Re: tex mode sub- and super-scripts
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 10:16:31 -0500 (CDT)

Thank you all for your help.

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
You should be able to customize the two faces `subscript' and
`superscript' defined by tex-mode.

Can you tell me how do I do that by putting commands in my .emacs file?
I would like a general solution that I can port to many computers, not
a point-and-click routine that I have to re-do on each machine.

Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa@Web.DE> wrote:
Are you using AUCTeX? You can see this in mode-line, menus, and
*Messages* buffer. Then switch its use off!

No, I am just using the regular emacs that came packaged with Fedora 7.
I don't see the word "AUCTeX" anywhere. I don't think it is even installed on my computer.

Sebastian Meisel <sebastianmeisel@web.de> wrote:
You are more likely wanting to use AUCTeX so you just have to customize:
Font LaTeX Script Display
Font LaTeX Superscript Face
Font LaTeX Subscript Face

I don't want to use AUCTeX, I just want to revert the way emacs-22
tex-mode treats super/sub scripts back to how it was in emacs-21.

Mark