RE: how do you strip leading white spaces in c-mode or similar?

From: brianjiang
Subject: RE: how do you strip leading white spaces in c-mode or similar?
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 16:49:04 +0800

Try this:
delete-trailing-whitespace

-----Original Message-----
From: help-gnu-emacs-bounces+brianjiang=gdnt.com.cn@gnu.org
[mailto:help-gnu-emacs-bounces+brianjiang=gdnt.com.cn@gnu.org] On Behalf Of
Johna
Sent: 2007年7月5日 8:35
To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

Hi, I googled around to no avail.
Basically I am frustrated with the default indentation in c-mode (or similar
modes) because it inserts unnecessary white space(s) on empty lines.
I want all empty lines to contain nothing but '\n'.
Instead they contain "\n\t" or "\n    ".
The preferred solution that I am looking for is a way to inhibit white space
insertion on empty lines across all modes that have anything to do with
programming languages.

Example:
int foo(int x)
{
      int y = x/2;

// the preceding empty line contains superfluous and annoying white space!
      return y;
}