Re: how do you strip leading white spaces in c-mode or similar?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: how do you strip leading white spaces in c-mode or similar?
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 09:20:40 -0400

> From: Johna <nnn4431@mailc.net>
> Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
> Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 17:34:31 -0700
>
> Basically I am frustrated with the default indentation in c-mode (or
> similar modes)
> because it inserts unnecessary white space(s) on empty lines.

Not in Emacs, it doesn't.  At least not for me.  That is, when I type
C-j, Emacs does indeed insert indentation, but if I then type another
C-j, the whitespace is removed.

If this does not work for you, please show a sequence of keystrokes
that cause such excess whitespace to appear on empty lines, perhaps
I'm missing something.

> Example:
> int foo(int x)
> {
>       int y = x/2;
>
> // the preceding empty line contains superfluous and annoying white
> space!

No, it doesn't, at least not in the message you sent.