code for closing compilation buffers

From: Hadron
Subject: code for closing compilation buffers
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 16:08:50 +0200

I googled up some code and then modified it to use the more recent
compilation-finish-functions hook.

Could someone take a peek that I did the "if then else" part right.

If errors then jump to first error, else close the window. It *works* I
would just be grateful if someone could comment on whether its done
right:

(add-hook 'compilation-finish-functions
      (lambda (buf str)
        (if (string-match "exited abnormally" str)
            (next-error)
          ;;no errors, make the compilation window go away in a few seconds
          (run-at-time "2 sec" nil 'delete-windows-on (get-buffer-create
"*compilation*"))
          (message "No Compilation Errors!")
          )
        ))