Re: google translation

From: Hadron
Subject: Re: google translation
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 21:17:03 +0200

weber <hugows@gmail.com> writes:

> On 11 jul, 15:31, Hadron <hadronqu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Mathias Dahl <brakjol...@gmail.com> writes:

>> > I think your post came out as a little "demanding", and weber, I
>> > think, tried to point that out in a kinda subtle way... :) And I tend
>> > to agree, it sounded a bit like "Hey, people, will you please write
>>
>> I asked if anyone "could provide".
>>
>> Personally I dont find that particularly demanding. Especially on usenet
>> :-;
>>
>> > this piece of code for me?", while you probably meant "Here is an idea
>> > I have, maybe someone could use it to implement a new cool feature for
>> > Emacs, or maybe point me in the right direction?"
>>
>> Possibly.
>
> Yeah, I mean...
> If somebody had already written google-translate and was willing to
> give it to you, then odds are that it would be already posted on
> gnu.emacs.sources or emacswiki..

You seem very keen on making a big thing here. Many times things are not
put on Wikis. It happens all the time. What is your point if I may
ask? As I said, what I said was not particularly rude or demanding -
although I can see where you got the ammo to nitpick.

Had it been on a Wiki I would have found it via google dont you think?
And had I been so naive not to have googled it then maybe someone else
who knew of it could have suggested that?

So, the "odds are", that I think you're making a big thing out of
nothing. We are all aware that posts can sometime appear different than
they are or were intended depending on the outlook of the reader.

Oh, and while you are explaining to me how to ask questions, could I
mention to you top posting is considered both rude and anti social?

Bottom line is this : could I have phrased it to better appeal  -
probably. Was it so rude that it needed you butting in with your top
post? Probably not. I have had a long day. Thanks.