Re: Gnu emacs under Windows: .emacs and _emacs and savehist

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Gnu emacs under Windows: .emacs and _emacs and savehist
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 19:05:50 +0200

Am 12.07.2007 um 18:52 schrieb Murray Eisenberg:

So should I delete is the following part of .emacs, which was automatically inserted when I was doing configuration by pressing some buttons:

 (custom-set-variables
  ;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom.
 '(savehist-mode t nil (savehist)))

No. This seems to activate savehist-mode. Since it's in the customisation section of ~/.emacs you should change the settings via the customise interface – or you know *exactly* what you're doing here!

--
Greetings

  Pete

Increase the size of your bike by at least *five* inches!