Re: how to search inside functions definition

From: Camille Bourgoin
Subject: Re: how to search inside functions definition
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 01:12:21 +0200

Eric Hanchrow <offby1@blarg.net> writes:

>     Camille> Hello, I want to list all the primitive functions in
>     Camille> Emacs with a search within their definitions.  But I
>     Camille> don't know how to do this.
>
> I wonder if this is what you want:
>
>     (let ((funcs '()))
>       (mapatoms (lambda (a)
>                   (if (and (fboundp a)
>                            (subrp (symbol-function a)))
>                       (setq funcs (cons a funcs)))))
>        funcs)
>
> --
> Like most people, I would like to use the words ''parameters''
> and ''behoove'' in the same sentence, but I am not sure how.
>         -- A Question for 'Ask Mister Language Person'

Yes ! it seems to be good, there is the result (very long) :

(read load-average delete-window internal-lisp-face-attribute-values
minibuffer-depth search-backward-regexp identity bobp command-execute
user-full-name next-single-char-property-change set-time-zone-rule
quit-process process-contact % directory-files nlistp copy-marker
terminal-coding-system * + downcase image-size - buffer-base-buffer
type-of / eobp overlay-get skip-chars-forward frame-char-width < = >
get internal-set-font-selection-order kill-buffer continue-process

... etc ... etc ... etc ... etc ...

process-command x-open-connection region-beginning encode-big5-char
generic-character-list plist-put while elt invocation-directory
widget-apply line-end-position)

thank you :)

i'm going to examinate the code in order to understood what it does ;)

--
Camille "Mesmento" Bourgoin
jabber : mr.camille@im.apinc.org