Re: Slime indentation and colour

From: weber
Subject: Re: Slime indentation and colour
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 02:08:20 -0000

On Jul 15, 1:39 pm, dan...@bigwalter.net (Daniel Jensen) wrote:
> Sard <Sardauk...@gmail.com> writes:
> > When I type code in the relp it's indented automatically, but when I
> > type in a buffer of a file ending in .lisp who's buffer is in (Lisp
> > Slime) mode it doesn't.  How can I change this?
>
> Add the following to your init file.
>
> (add-hook 'lisp-mode-hook
>           (lambda ()
>             (local-set-key (kbd "RET") 'newline-and-indent)))
>
> > Also how do I enable color syntax highlighting?
>
> (global-font-lock-mode 1)

Well, I had some problem with that exact key binding.

The problem is that when I set lisp-mode-map, my [ret] would also be
bound on *slime-repl*, and my expressions would not get evaluated!
I think you need [ret] to be bound to slime-repl-return in the REPL...

So I found out that its better to use slime-mode-map for keybinding
relative to editing .lisp files, and slime-repl-mode-map to
keybindings related to the repl.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, since I found that out by trial-and-
error.

Regards,
weber