Control s does not work

From: Lamont, Brian-p3354c
Subject: Control s does not work
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 11:29:42 -0700

I'm very new to emacs, and trying to fix a customers problem.  The forward search, cntl s does not do anything.   Only in some cases, the other cntl sequences I use will work like C-x C-c, and C-r for reverse search.   Other cases, the terminal is hung and I cannot break from it.  This happens accessing the system with putty, CDE, gnome, as root, or as another account.  This happens on solaris 8 and 9, but the systems in question are RHEL 3 updt 4 with GNU Emacs 21.3.1  On this redhat system, the C-r, C-x, C-c will work, but not C-s.

Thanks!
brian.lamont@gdc4s.com