Re: regexp-opt for all kinds of strings

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: regexp-opt for all kinds of strings
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 14:17:35 +1000

Nordlöw <per.nordlow@gmail.com> writes:

> Hey!
>
> Is there a version of regexp-opt() that can take a list of regular
> expression (regexps) as argument. If not, why?

No, I don't know of any that will do that. The problem I think is that parsing
a list which also includes regexp would make the optimisation process very
complex as you would have to parse the regexps and work out how to combine them
with the non-regexp elements to obtain a final optimised regexp. The parsing
would likely require a full implementation of the regexp engine.

regards,

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au