Re: Emacs Lisp Q: Switch Emacs Frame Between Current/Original FVWM Deskt

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Emacs Lisp Q: Switch Emacs Frame Between Current/Original FVWM Desktop?
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 10:07:32 +0200

Hi Stefan,

>    (setq server-window
>          (lambda (buf)
>            (let ((pop-up-frames t))
>              (pop-to-buffer buf))))

I tried that, but it didn't work. The buffer is still opened in the old
frame.

Then I've set pop-up-frames to t globally and server-window to
pop-to-buffer, but still it doesn't work. If I eval

  (progn
    (setq pop-up-frames t)
    (display-buffer "*Group*"))

The *Group* buffer will be displayed in a new window, but no new frame
will be created.

I think this is a bug, isn't it? Should I write a bug report with
`report-emacs-bug'?

I use a 2 hours old CVS checkout (trunk).

Bye,
Tassilo
--
"Sweating bullets" is literally what happens when Chuck Norris gets too hot.