Re: emacsserver unstable?

From: Sven Bretfeld
Subject: Re: emacsserver unstable?
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 00:01:16 +0200

Hello Pete

On Tue, Jul 24, 2007 at 10:22:58PM +0200, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> >There are two softlinks pointing to this executable:
>
> Softlinks are found in men's trousers. You probably mean symbolic
> links ...

Hehehe. What, then, is a hardlink? I'm using them for storing my
backups with rsync. Oh my god. Is it illegal?

> >sven@kamaloka:/usr/bin$ ps aux | grep emacsclient
>
> There are more options to ps. Some can make ps to display the path
> name of a command, or the environment in which the command runs. From
> the listed PATH value you can determine which file 'command' is.
>
> Have you thought of a ps alias like: 'ps <options> | egrep UID\|!:1 |
> grep -v grep' for (t)csh or 'ps <options> | egrep UID\|${1} | grep -v
> grep' ?

I see, this will be my initiation to a higher level of knowing my
computer. Thanks for the information. I will store them and work them
through.

In the meantime it seems that some code of my .emacs causes the
problem. I have reduced it to only the lines connected to the use with
Mutt. Then it worked perfectly for an hour with no further crashes of
the server. Now I'm gradually building the file up again to identify
the evil lines. I will give report.

Thanks,

Sven

--
PS: Bitte schicken Sie mir reine Text-Nachrichten. Bitte schicken Sie
mir keine Word-, PowerPoint- oder Excel-Anhänge. Sehen Sie dazu bitte