Re: Why emacs have not native language menu

From: Alexey Pustyntsev
Subject: Re: Why emacs have not native language menu
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 22:15:30 +1100

"Dmitri Minaev" <minaev@gmail.com> writes:

> On 7/25/07, Alexey Pustyntsev <nospam@dev.null> wrote:
> There are more important
>> problems to be solved, like printing international characters
>> correctly (htmlizing a buffer doesn't seem to be Ok, the output may
>> be ugly).
>
> Is it really that bad? The HTML code below and a fragment of its
> screenshot seems to be quite close to the state of usability (had it
> not been for the entities :))

Hi Dmitri!

The issue I am considering now is that (my) Cyrillic characters may be
of different height. When I check the result in Firefox they may look
as follows.

"ЭтА СтрОкА мОжет вЫглЯдеТь ТаК".

It's ugly, isn't it? However, I am not 100% sure the fault is in
htmlize.el.

--
Rgds
Alexey

Today is Sweetmorn, the 60th day of Confusion in the YOLD 3173