Re: Why emacs have not native language menu

From: William Case
Subject: Re: Why emacs have not native language menu
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 12:47:06 -0400

Hi;

Another 2ยข

On Wed, 2007-07-25 at 15:55 +0900, Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:
> On 25 juil. 07, at 15:44, Alexey Pustyntsev wrote:
>
> > Jean-Christophe Helary <fusion@mx6.tiki.ne.jp> writes:
[big snip]

> Jean-Christophe Helary
>
> ps: did it ever occur to you that some massively succesful
> programming languages originated from non-English cultural/linguistic
> environments ?

I have always thought that programming has long ago run out of contorted
Engilsh words and Latin/English script symbols while there are hundreds
of different languages and symbols available and used around the world.
Programming need not be just English based.  Make use of everything that
is available at the actual programming level not just as a translation.

--
Regards Bill