Translation of Emacs Info manuals (was: Emacs localization ...)

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Translation of Emacs Info manuals (was: Emacs localization ...)
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 22:00:08 +0200

On Tue, Jul 24 2007, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> If translators volunteer to translate the user manual (a formidable
> job, if you ask me, since the manual is HUGE), there should be no
> problem at all to display a localized manual, too.

On <http://www.jpl.org/gnus-doc-ja.html>, Katsumi Yamaoka (Cc-ed)
provides Japanese translations of all Gnus related Info manuals:

  emacs-mime-ja gnus-coding-ja gnus-ja message-ja pgg-ja sasl-ja sieve-ja

If we can get assignments for these (I'm not sure if he has done all
the translation himself), it might be a start to add those to Emacs.

It would be interesting to know how much work it was and what were the
major difficulties.  (The Gnus manual is (roundabout) half of the size
of the Emacs manual.)

[ Should we shift this to emacs-devel? ]

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)