Re: Why emacs have not native language menu

From: Hadron
Subject: Re: Why emacs have not native language menu
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 13:33:57 +0200

> Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc> writes:
>
> Hi Reiner,
>
>>> Another cause is that emacs has a precise terminology. To blur it
>>> would be a source of confusion.
>>
>> Do you think the German tutorial blurs the precise terminology?
>
> I've never read it. But after a quick overview I'd say, no. But the
> tutorial is written by one person, wheras if every emacs manual was to
> be translated, there would be a need for quite a few more translators.
> And the bigger the group, the less are the chances to keep terminology
> precise and consistent.

It is neither precise nor consistent if someone misunderstands it.

It is fairly self evident that emacs applications that could talk
multiple languages and manuals in multiple languages would be a benefit
for the end user IF it could be done.

e.g C is "in English" but there are plenty of German C Manuals and
tutorials to explain what the "English" keywords mean.