Re: Why emacs have not native language menu

From: David Hansen
Subject: Re: Why emacs have not native language menu
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 16:20:06 +0200

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 13:33:57 +0200 Hadron wrote:

> e.g C is "in English" but there are plenty of German C Manuals and
> tutorials to explain what the "English" keywords mean.

Hrm, I think that was some computer science book: "Wir unterscheiden die
Funktion f nach x." :)

Translations of scientific or technical Literature is usually pretty
bad.  That doesn't mean there are exceptions to this rule:  A physics
professor told a story that it was quite common to translate Russian
books to English and vice versa w/o giving clear credit to the
original.  So one time it happens that a book got translated back to the
original language and someone was surprised that finally it's possible
to understand the book :)

David