Re: Emacs 22.1 color theme issue

From: Giorgos Keramidas
Subject: Re: Emacs 22.1 color theme issue
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 03:43:12 +0300

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 15:59:17 -0000, Ankur <jainankur@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Jul 25, 7:11 pm, Mark Harrison <m.a.harri...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> (require 'color-theme)
>>> (color-theme-initialize)
>>> (color-theme-matrix)
>>
>>> and started emacs. I received the following error:
>>
>>> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function color-theme-matrix)
>>
>> Make sure you have color-theme.el in a directory that is in your load
>> path, and also themes/color-theme-library.el in the same directory.
>> (i.e. a themes directory in the same dir that you have color-theme.el
>> in, and the color-theme-library.el inside that themes directory). That
>> is what I needed to do to get the above to work.
>
> Thanks a LOT Mark!!!
>
> That was the only issue. I had moved color-theme.el into a different
> directory. I put them in a structure as defined by you and it just
> worked!

You don't have to move anything around.

I extracted color-theme-6.6 in ~/elisp/color-theme/ here, and then added
the directory to my load-path with:

    (add-to-list 'load-path "~/elisp/color-theme")

Autoloading the color-theme library is also nice, which you can enable
with the following in your ~/.emacs file:

    (autoload 'color-theme-select "color-theme.el" "Color Theme Support" t)

Then it should be possible to just type `M-x color-theme-select' and let
Emacs do the work of locating `color-theme.el' in your `load-path', load
it, and run the function you just invoked.

- Giorgos