Re: Key sequence M-} is not working

From: Dieter Wilhelm
Subject: Re: Key sequence M-} is not working
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 19:42:44 +0200

Arjen Wiersma <core@credmp.org> writes:

> Dieter Wilhelm <dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de> writes:
>
>> When typing M-} (forward-paragraph) nothing happens, amazingly M-{
>> does work!  The key sequence is definitively not bound by my window
>> manager (openbox).  Unfortunately I've no clue how to proceed from
>> this sorry state.  For any pointer I'm greatly indebted 8-).
>
> Well, if M-} is indeed bound when looking at C-h b, the question becomes, does
> M-x forward-paragraph work and if it does, does it work on a different
> keybinding?

(forward-paragraph) <- C-x C-e
does work as expected

(global-set-key "\C-cx" 'forward-paragraph)
does also work 8-)

> if that is still the case, then M-} must be caught somewhere else as well...
> no?

True, but how and what is intercepting M-}.  Could you please point to
some tools which show me what's going on here.  I remember vaguely
some X utilities which are supposed to show the key sequence which one
is typing.

     Dieter

--
    Best wishes