Re: Search waht is under the cursor

From: Nikolaj Schumacher
Subject: Re: Search waht is under the cursor
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 12:45:39 +0200

Rafal Kurcz <pawlaczus@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I would like to search the string that is currently under the cursor.

> It should do something very similar to C-s and C-r but take the string
> that is currently under the cursor as a default search pattern.
>
> Do you know how to do that ?

Depends on what you mean by "string" and by "under the cursor".

After pressing C-s, you can use C-w to insert the word(s) after the
cursor.

If you're searching for the symbol at point, you can jump to the next
location with my highlight-symbol-mode[1].

For something else, you could dig through this:
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs-en/SearchAtPoint

regards,
Nikolaj Schumacher

[1]: http://nschum.de/src/emacs/highlight-symbol/