Re: GDB and Disappearing Code

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: GDB and Disappearing Code
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 10:04:17 +0300

> Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 08:35:07 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Tomo Lazovich <einstein_413@yahoo.com>
>
> I'm trying to use GDB in my emacs, and when I want to test code I've been
> working on, I split the window and start running GDB in one of them. When I
> do the "run" command in GDB, my code disappears from the first window,
> leaving just a blank window there. Can anyone help with this? (I'm using
> emacs 21.3 with cygwin's gdb on Windows XP SP2).

I think the last sentence (in parentheses) says it all: you are using
Cygwin GDB with non-Cygwin (i.e. native Windows) port of Emacs.  These
two are incompatible with respect to the screen control and pipe
operations, which are used by the Emacs-to-GDB interface.

Solution: download and install a Cygwin port of Emacs, and use that
instead of the native Windows port of Emacs.