Re: Inferior Python Mode

From: Matt
Subject: Re: Inferior Python Mode
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 14:48:22 -0000

> What do you want to do?
>
> If you have a python file open, emacs 22 should be in python-mode. or
> you can open a blank file and M-x python-mode
>
> There should then be a python menu which enables you to run a Python
> interpreter in an emacs buffer.

OK, so if I open a new file and type M-x python-mode I can then edit
that file accoriding to python formatting. Then when I want to run
execute that file in python I type C-c C-c. I then get the same
message as before "Searching for program: no such file or directory,
python". It seems to me that emacs is executing the python-mode.elc
file just fine, however, when it searches to make a connection to the
actual python on my computer it cannot find it. Maybe I have to edit
my python-mode.el file to help it find my version of python? Anyone?