Re: Some Font & Face Questions (unicode--2)

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Some Font & Face Questions (unicode--2)
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 14:44:24 +0200

Am 10.08.2007 um 13:21 schrieb Florian Beck:

My problem is that fonts I install do not show up in
xlsfonts or xfontsel, so figuring out the right foundry and family for
the font spect requires digging through several font.cache files.

I think you need to understand that xlsfonts and xfontsel rely on font path in X11 and do not use libfontconfig.

Maybe my fontconfig is messed up?

Have you ever used the fontconfig utilities, for example fc-list?

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

"What is this talk of 'release?' Klingons do not make software 'releases.' Our software 'escapes,' leaving a bloody trail of designers and quality assurance people in its wake."