Re: files locked by myself (on mac)

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: files locked by myself (on mac)
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 23:38:19 +0200

nilsotto <nilsotto@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi.
>
> When I use emacs on my mac, I have problems with files being locked ( I
> experience the same behaviour on both GNU emacs in terminal and in aquamacs)
>
> This is what happens :
>
> 1) I start emacs.
> 2) i start editing a new file.
> 3) When i save, emacs says that the file is locked by another user.
> (/private/tmp/test.txt locked by n10724@felles... (pid 373): (s, q, p, ?)?)
>
>     The user is actually myself, and the PID that locks the file is the same
> as the emacs session i'm in.
>
> This makes me very confused.
> Has someone seen this behaviour before?

Perhaps you have some upper case in some name (hostname, username, or
filename)?  This could explain some confusion on HFS...

NOTE: The most fundamental particles in this product are held
together by a "gluing" force about which little is currently known
and whose adhesive power can therefore not be permanently
guaranteed.