Re: emacs email question: how can change the sender's address?

From: Emilio Lopes
Subject: Re: emacs email question: how can change the sender's address?
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 11:18:26 +0200

Wade Yin writes:

>    I just using fetchmail and emacs to receive my email from gmail
> account,  it works well, but when I send or reply to someone, the
> sender's address looks like this: " wade@linuxbox", how can change it
> to make people can easy reply mail to my gmail account?

You do:

   M-x apropos-variable RET
   mail address reply RET

A buffer will pop up showing a few relevant variables.  It will be
easy to identify the one(s) you need to change.

Note: I'm assuming Emacs 22 here.  In previous version the command
`apropos-variable' was not so smart as it's now and you have to do two
searches: one for "mail reply" and another for "mail address".

--
Emílio C. Lopes                            Ich leb und weiß nit wie lang,
Munich, Germany                            ich stirb und weiß nit wann,