Re: embedded subscripts / superscripts

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: embedded subscripts / superscripts
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 23:35:22 -0400

> I just upgraded to emacs-22.  When editing a (La)TeX file, it displays
> subscripts and superscripts as such.  I'm having trouble, however,
> with embedded sub/superscripts such as:
>    \[ \|u\|_{L^p_tL^q_x} \]
> In the above formula, the p,t,q,x are displayed in a very washed out,
> nearly unreadable color.  Can somebody please advise how to set the
> color for embedded sub/superscripts?  I was hoping to be able to avoid
> turning off the rendering as raised/lowered text and/or changing the
> background color so I can see the light color.

AFAIK those should appear in the normal color.  What does happen, tho, is
that (sub|super)script are shown smaller (about 0.8 times the normal size)
and subscripts of subscripts are yet smaller (i.e. 0.64 times the size),
etc... so maybe it's not the color but just the small size.

In any case, do C-u C-x = on one of the problematic chars and then click on
the `face' property.

        Stefan