Re: Frames: selectively enabling GUI

From: Emilio Lopes
Subject: Re: Frames: selectively enabling GUI
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 09:19:42 +0200

Joel J Adamson writes:

> I've discovered how cool it is to have a "work frame" on one virtual
> desktop in KDE, that is a full-screen frame with no menu-bar,
> scroll-bar, toolbar or frame boundary.  It looks like a console, but
> with better color rendering (try it out).  [...]

I use ratpoison as my window manager (keyboard driven, no window
decorations) and turned off menus, scroll bars, etc. in Emacs.

> However, on my "home" workspace, I also keep two frames with Gnus and
> my diary.  In those frames I'd like to have the menu-bar at the
> least. [...]

I've bound "<down-mouse-3>" to `mouse-major-mode-menu'.  In this way I
still have the major mode menu at my disposal but no menu bar taking
up valuable screen space.

--
Emílio C. Lopes
Munich, Germany