Re: weird emacs shell behavior

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: weird emacs shell behavior
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 23:09:17 +0200

Am 17.08.2007 um 21:34 schrieb Tassilo Horn:

| > echo "Hello, test!"  <== That's what I typed.  It's bold after RET

It becomes interpreted as prompt. Check comint-prompt-regexp and shell-prompt-pattern.

| > echo "Hello, test!"  <== After my RET the line gets repeated...

Again, it seems to be kept for the prompt?

| ^[]2;echo  ~^GHello, test! <== After the ^G comes the output.
`----

Do you know what ^[ and ^G are for control chars and how I can get rid
of them?

ESC and BELL. Maybe you should check which echo you are using, what is set for it, and what else is set for the shell interpreter running in *shell* buffer.

After all: are you using GNU Emacs 22? At some time GNU Emacs 21.3.50 from CVS learned this and GNU Emacs 22 inherited it. Earlier versions don't work as described.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

A morning without coffee is like something without something else.