How to configure emacs to prompt for revert modified buffer at once it w

From: Dmitry Bolshakov
Subject: How to configure emacs to prompt for revert modified buffer at once it was modified
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 18:51:09 +0400

Hi All

Some windows editors do it on activate its window. They prompt about “file was modified by external program, reload?” Emacs prompt only when I type something in modified buffer, but I would like to see that buffer was modified just now. Is it possible to configure emacs in this way?

This feature usually called “auto detection of externally modified files” or something like this

With best regards

Dmitry Bolshakov