Emacs not receiving C-M-right from keyboard

From: Drew Adams
Subject: Emacs not receiving C-M-right from keyboard
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 14:35:15 -0700

I have a new Dell Latitude D620 laptop. I have everything, including Emacs,
installed identically to the way I had it on my old machine. However, the
key sequences `C-M-right', `C-M-left', `C-M-up', and `C-M-down' are
apparently not being sent to Emacs from the keyboard of the new machine.

In emacs -Q (it doesn't matter which Emacs version), `C-h k' followed by
using `C-M-right' still waits for me to hit a key - the `C-M-right' is not
seen by Emacs at all. Opening a dribble file shows the same thing:
`C-M-right' key sequences are not recorded.

I've looked through the Emacs doc. I've tried to google for something about
this, but I haven't found anything. Anyone know what's going on and how to
fix it? Thanks.