Re: dired-do-touch

From: Sean Sieger
Subject: Re: dired-do-touch
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 12:44:48 -0400

Fabian Braennstroem <f.braennstroem@gmx.de> writes:

   I use it a lot and it is great; first I used a small macro
   to jump to the directories and since yesterday
   evening:

        (define-key dired-mode-map "1"
          (lambda ()
            (interactive)
            (bookmark-jump "bookmark name")))

   which is a lot faster :-)

I watched that thread as well as looked at explicit `bookmark' threads
back to 2002.  A question that I formulated regarding the above binding
is, why not `j', does the function dired-goto-file serve you well?  C-x
C-f is so reflexive, after a day in GNU Emacs, I do C-x C-f to get to
the shower.