dired copy / move directories in background

From: Fabian Braennstroem
Subject: dired copy / move directories in background
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 10:45:34 +0000

Hi,

I saw a discussion <m34qfrwv0f.fsf@naru.home> for april
2005, which discussed the possibily
to move files in background.
I actually have a similar problem for copying and moving
files and directories  (actually I am still looking for a
way to move directories) . Using 'midnight commander' it was
not important to do the copying stuff in background, there I
just opened up a different terminal and kept on working, but
with Emacs would like to keep working on my editing while I
am copying and moving files and directories.
Does anyone have an idea, how I could do that? Would be
nice, if there exists an lisp solution which works for tramp
too!?

Greetings!
Fabian