Re: finding the face of a popup

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: finding the face of a popup
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 17:26:40 +0200

Am 29.08.2007 um 16:22 schrieb Allan Gottlieb:

I believe that the description of a face given by placing point
over a field and typing C-u C-x = should tell you
the face of a popup that is triggered when the mouse is over that
field.

The tooltips exist inside their own frames. Typing C-u C-x = on some thing that can make a tooltip appear could additionally display information about the tooltip, but: there is only one kind of tooltips. So it would mostly be useless information.

I think the proper way is to invoke apropos and enter the simple symbol ``tooltip´´. Then see what *Help* is returned – I think it's sufficient.

There are also X resources:

        Emacs.tooltip.attributeBackground:      cyan
        Emacs.tooltip.attributeForeground:      darkorange

Looks terrible!

--
Greetings

  Pete

"Specifications are for the weak and timid!"