Re: hiding semantic.cache in speedbar

From: Malte Spiess
Subject: Re: hiding semantic.cache in speedbar
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 21:34:00 +0200

"Matthias Pfeifer" <pfemat@web.de> writes:

> "Malte Spiess" <i1tnews@arcor.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> 87wsvdi95g.fsf@paeike.mathematik.uni-ulm.de">news:87wsvdi95g.fsf@paeike.mathematik.uni-ulm.de...
>> Hi,
>>
>> I really like the speedbar (don't we all?). One thing that bothers me is
>> that all the semantic.cache files are shown, too, although I would never
>> want to open one of them.
>>
>> So - is there a way to hide these files? I only found ways to hide
>> directories...
>>
>> Thanx for any hints
>> Malte
>
> Hi Malte,
>
> sorry  i don't know how to hide files in speedbar, but semanticdb offers a
> way to store all semantic.cache files in a directory of your choice. Don't
> know if it helps you - me personally i didn't make it work, though...

Well, I thought of trying to adjust semantic, too. But sometimes there
are other files I don't want to see, either. Yet the main problem is the
semantic.cache, so I guess I'll try to change this setting at
least. Sorry to hear it didn't work on your system... (makes me wonder
if I can do it...)

> Try
>
>     M-x customize-apropos semanticdb
>
> you only get a handfull of customizations that you may look through.

Okay, I will when I'm back at work (here I don't have semantic installed).

> matthias

Thx
Malte