Re: How to search all open buffers?

From: Dieter Wilhelm
Subject: Re: How to search all open buffers?
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 00:12:48 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: kj <socyl@987jk.com.invalid>
>> Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 16:46:27 +0000 (UTC)
>>
>> I run into this *all* the time: I've been coding for several days,
>> working on 20-30 files simultaneously, and I need to get back to
>> the one among these many buffers that contains a particular string
>> or regex.
>
> Then just search the files for that regex, e.g. with the Dired's `A'
> command.  Emacs will notice when a particular file is already in a
> buffer and will search that buffer instead.

But the A (dired-do-search) key seems to work only for the files which
are present in the current Dired buffer not necessarily for all opened
buffers.

Wouldn't be--in this context--dired-do-search in the buffer *Buffer
List* a better idea (if it only were available there)?

--
    Best wishes

    H. Dieter Wilhelm
    Darmstadt, Germany