Re: cperl-mode

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: cperl-mode
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 20:19:40 +0200

Am 31.08.2007 um 11:22 schrieb Goran:

Tried on both systems:
   ./configure --without-x
   ./configure --with-gtk
Also tried to compile under /opt directory

With
  emacs --no-site-file and
  emacs -Q
symptoms remains the same.

Can you check font-lock? It certainly plays no role which X widgets you use. My largest Perl file is about 64 K. Scrolling becomes slow when the lines are around 100 characters wide and get broken into the next line.

        (cond ((fboundp 'global-font-lock-mode)
           ;; Turn on font-lock in all modes that support it
           (global-font-lock-mode 1)
        ;   (setq font-lock-multiline 'undecided')
           (setq jit-lock-stealth-verbose t)
           (setq jit-lock-mode t)
        ;   (setq jit-lock-stealth-load 80)
           ;; Maximum colors
        ;   (setq font-lock-maximum-decoration t)
(setq font-lock-maximum-decoration '((tex-mode . 2) (latex-mode . 2) (t . t)))
        ))

Check whether you can reduce fontification with faces and colours. In my example it's maximal for all but tex- or latex-mode.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Math illiteracy affects 7 out of every 5 Americans.