Re: doc-view.el now allows searching

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: doc-view.el now allows searching
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 21:06:17 +0200

Am 31.08.2007 um 18:38 schrieb Bill Clementson:

First, I thought it might have something to do with the size of the
pdf file or blank pages not being counted; however, searches of the
sicp.pdf book all seemed to produce correct results, so I'm not sure
why the search functionality doesn't work properly in some instances.

The reason is probably that pdftotext is used with the -raw option, which deletes all empty lines leading white space. There is another option: -layout.

I think doc-view should check the number of pages first (pdfinfo <file> | grep -i pages | awk '{print $NF}'). If the number is greater 1 than -layout should be more appropriate ...

BTW, -layout is bit faster!

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

Irgendwer sollte den Kugelschreiber mit einem Kleiderbügel kreuzen, dass die Kulis sich vermehren, statt stets nur zu verschwinden!