Re: .emacs file missing with emacsW32 (?)

From: Eric Hanchrow
Subject: Re: .emacs file missing with emacsW32 (?)
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2007 13:35:50 -0700

    Quin> Had a look about for help and in the FAQs but am not
    Quin> spotting anything useful.  Where is my .emacs file?  Yikes,
    Quin> sorry to be so dumb.  Thanks in advance.

I think the default location has changed in Emacs 22.

Read (info "(emacs)Windows HOME"); the executive summary is: type C-x
C-f ~/.emacs RET, and that will show you the location that Emacs
expects.  If that file doesn't exist, populate it.

--
Keaton, Chaplin, Garbo - let them now make room for Gromit.
        A. O. Scott, in The New York Times