mail beyond NIS

From: Girish Kulkarni
Subject: mail beyond NIS
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 04:31:34 -0000

I've been given a machine here that does not participate in the NIS
domain that I use for my primary email and does not directly collect
mail. Moreover I do not have root access to it. The way I use email
usually is to ssh some machine in the NIS domain and use some text
based MUA like Pine.  Is there any way I can send and receive email
via the NIS domain from this machine using GNU Emacs Rmail?

I discovered rmail-extras.el from the EmacsWiki that gets me my mail
by ftping some machine in the NIS domain. But I couldn't figure out
how to send mail. Could someone help?

--
Girish Kulkarni - Allahabad, India - http://girish.50webs.com