Re: eshell: how to alias cp 'cp -i' ?

From: furue
Subject: Re: eshell: how to alias cp 'cp -i' ?
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 15:08:54 -0700

Peter Dyballa wrote:
> Am 06.09.2007 um 01:45 schrieb furue@hawaii.edu:
>
> > My tentative solution is
> >
> >   alias cp /bin/cp -i $*
> >
> > which works.  This is asthetically incorrect because it doesn't
> > use eshell's builtin cp.
>
> Have you read about the variable eshell-cp-interactive-query?

Thanks.  Yes, I read it.  That was what I meant in my last posting
by the Lisp variable that changes the behavior of cp.  According
to the Emacs Wiki, the following setting

  (setq eshell-cp-interactive-query t)

should work.  (I haven't tested it.)  Probably I'll switch to
this solution soon, but I'm now looking for the ways to store
this kind of Lisp expressions.  I can write them in ~/.emacs ,
but I don't want to clutter it too much.  I imagine that
~/.eshell/startup.el, ~/.emacs-eshell.el, or some such file
is read when eshell starts up.  I'm reading the Wiki and other
documentations, trying to find it.

Regards,
Ryo