color-theme

From: John P. Burkett
Subject: color-theme
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2007 11:25:07 -0400

For some time I have been happily using GNU Emacs with the color-theme
package under Gentoo Linux.  The lines in my .emacs file dealing with
color-theme are the following:
(require 'color-theme)
(defun color-theme-face-attr-construct (face frame)
       (if (atom face)
           (custom-face-attributes-get face frame)
         (if (and (consp face) (eq (car face) 'quote))
             (custom-face-attributes-get (cadr face) frame)
           (custom-face-attributes-get (car face) frame))))
(setq color-theme-is-global t)
   (color-theme-subtle-hacker)

When I started emacs it came up with subtle-hacker color scheme in
place, until today.  Following a Gentoo emerge last night, I have
started having trouble with color-theme.  Now when I do "emacs
--debug-init" the response includes the following lines:
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function color-theme-subtle-hacker)
  (color-theme-subtle-hacker)
  eval-buffer(#<buffer  *load*> nil "~/.emacs" nil t)
  load-with-code-conversion("/home/john/.emacs" "~/.emacs" t t)
  load("~/.emacs" t t)
  #[nil "
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()

(I have omitted some non-standard characters that followed #[nil ".)

If I edit .emacs to comment out the line
 (color-theme-subtle-hacker)
then emacs starts without error messages.  I can then click on tools,
color-theme, and Subtle Hacker to get the preferred color scheme.
However, I haven't figured out how to make this color scheme permanent
again.  Suggestion for how to do so would be most welcome.

I am using Emacs version 21.4.2 on an X86_64 machine.

--
John P. Burkett
Department of Environmental and Natural Resource Economics

phone (401) 874-9195